- 2019 could feature some of the most extreme weather in 20 years. And yes, climate change is a major catalyst.
- The UN says that the climate crisis is the greatest threat ever to human rights.
- Why are hurricanes getting stronger? Three reasons.
- British farmers say we don’t need to stop consuming beef to address the climate crisis.
- And more…
carbon emission Stories September 14
carbon emission Stories August 1
In today’s EGEB:
- Andrew Yang says Americans need to move to higher ground.
- Solar energy projects replace agriculture in California due to drought.
- More than half of UK councils declare a “climate emergency.”
- Scientists’ motivations to live sustainably: head, heart, or both?
carbon emission Stories July 29
A new bipartisan piece of legislation which aims to repair highway infrastructure in the US includes billions in funding for projects that include reducing carbon emissions and installing electric vehicle chargers along designated highway corridors.
carbon emission Stories April 12
The UK has made recent progress in reducing emissions, but a new government report reveals it’s set to miss future carbon budget goals by a widening margin.
carbon emission Stories September 26, 2016
In the US, carbon dioxide emissions from electricity generation, primarily coal, have long been the main air polluter in the country, but it’s about to change. Continuing its long declining trend since the 2008 financial crisis, emissions from electricity generation are about to be surpassed by emissions from the transportation sector in the US. expand full story