carbon emission Stories August 3
carbon emission Stories May 5
carbon emission Stories February 14
Electric scooters, e-bikes, and other light electric vehicles have long been promoted as a way to offset carbon emissions and reduce one’s carbon footprint. But the Miami-based electric scooter company fluidfreeride has taken that idea one step further by planting over a million trees aided by its electric scooter sales.
carbon emission Stories October 12, 2021
Electrek spoke with Rick Bohan, VP of sustainability at the Portland Cement Association (PCA), which represents 92% of US cement manufacturing production capacity and has distribution facilities in every continental US state. Cement is the second-most-used construction material on the planet.
In November 2020, PCA announced an industry-wide ambition to develop a road map by the end of 2021 to help its member companies achieve carbon neutrality across the concrete value chain by 2050.
carbon emission Stories January 28, 2021
US President Joe Biden laid out more details of his climate and clean energy plan yesterday. Now, businesses across the US are anxiously waiting to learn what new requirements they will have to meet, and the steps they will need to take, to successfully report and cut their carbon emissions and other environmental risks.
Electrek‘s Michelle Lewis interviewed Tim Mohin, former chief executive at the Global Reporting Initiative and current chief sustainability officer at Persefoni, an intelligent carbon footprint management and reporting platform, by email, about how the Biden administration could include assistance for small and medium businesses to adopt the tools and capabilities they’ll need to fulfill their requirements to cut and measure emissions.
carbon emission Stories October 12, 2020
Electric cars will triple their market share in Europe this year as a result of EU car emissions targets, according to a new report released today from Transport & Environment (T&E), a European umbrella group for non-governmental organizations that work in transport and the environment, and promote sustainable transport in Europe.
carbon emission Stories September 21, 2020
Norway announced today that it will finance 16.8 billion kroner (US$1.8 billion) out of an estimated total investment of 25.1 billion kroner for the world’s first full-scale carbon capture and storage (CCS) project.
The project is named Longship after the Viking ships.
carbon emission Stories October 14, 2019
In today’s Electrek Green Energy Brief (EGEB):
- Green energy generates more electricity than fossil fuels for first time in the UK.
- Ax air miles programs to reduce carbon emissions, says British government’s climate-change advisers.
- As KLM Royal Dutch Airlines turns 100, it’s taking active steps to reduce carbon emissions.
- Washington, DC’s historic preservation board rejects front-facing solar panels.
carbon emission Stories September 14, 2019
- 2019 could feature some of the most extreme weather in 20 years. And yes, climate change is a major catalyst.
- The UN says that the climate crisis is the greatest threat ever to human rights.
- Why are hurricanes getting stronger? Three reasons.
- British farmers say we don’t need to stop consuming beef to address the climate crisis.
- And more…
carbon emission Stories August 1, 2019
In today’s EGEB:
- Andrew Yang says Americans need to move to higher ground.
- Solar energy projects replace agriculture in California due to drought.
- More than half of UK councils declare a “climate emergency.”
- Scientists’ motivations to live sustainably: head, heart, or both?
carbon emission Stories July 29, 2019
A new bipartisan piece of legislation which aims to repair highway infrastructure in the US includes billions in funding for projects that include reducing carbon emissions and installing electric vehicle chargers along designated highway corridors.
carbon emission Stories April 12, 2019
The UK has made recent progress in reducing emissions, but a new government report reveals it’s set to miss future carbon budget goals by a widening margin.
carbon emission Stories September 26, 2016
In the US, carbon dioxide emissions from electricity generation, primarily coal, have long been the main air polluter in the country, but it’s about to change. Continuing its long declining trend since the 2008 financial crisis, emissions from electricity generation are about to be surpassed by emissions from the transportation sector in the US. expand full story