Electric cars will triple their market share in Europe this year as a result of EU car emissions targets, according to a new report released today from Transport & Environment (T&E), a European umbrella group for non-governmental organizations that work in transport and the environment, and promote sustainable transport in Europe.
carbon emission Stories October 12
carbon emission Stories September 21
Norway announced today that it will finance 16.8 billion kroner (US$1.8 billion) out of an estimated total investment of 25.1 billion kroner for the world’s first full-scale carbon capture and storage (CCS) project.
The project is named Longship after the Viking ships.
carbon emission Stories October 14, 2019
In today’s Electrek Green Energy Brief (EGEB):
- Green energy generates more electricity than fossil fuels for first time in the UK.
- Ax air miles programs to reduce carbon emissions, says British government’s climate-change advisers.
- As KLM Royal Dutch Airlines turns 100, it’s taking active steps to reduce carbon emissions.
- Washington, DC’s historic preservation board rejects front-facing solar panels.
carbon emission Stories September 14, 2019
- 2019 could feature some of the most extreme weather in 20 years. And yes, climate change is a major catalyst.
- The UN says that the climate crisis is the greatest threat ever to human rights.
- Why are hurricanes getting stronger? Three reasons.
- British farmers say we don’t need to stop consuming beef to address the climate crisis.
- And more…
carbon emission Stories August 1, 2019
In today’s EGEB:
- Andrew Yang says Americans need to move to higher ground.
- Solar energy projects replace agriculture in California due to drought.
- More than half of UK councils declare a “climate emergency.”
- Scientists’ motivations to live sustainably: head, heart, or both?
carbon emission Stories July 29, 2019
A new bipartisan piece of legislation which aims to repair highway infrastructure in the US includes billions in funding for projects that include reducing carbon emissions and installing electric vehicle chargers along designated highway corridors.
carbon emission Stories April 12, 2019
The UK has made recent progress in reducing emissions, but a new government report reveals it’s set to miss future carbon budget goals by a widening margin.
carbon emission Stories September 26, 2016
In the US, carbon dioxide emissions from electricity generation, primarily coal, have long been the main air polluter in the country, but it’s about to change. Continuing its long declining trend since the 2008 financial crisis, emissions from electricity generation are about to be surpassed by emissions from the transportation sector in the US. expand full story