- The Florida Public Service Commission met about solar net metering and didn’t change the rule.
- China says it will achieve a peak in emissions before 2030 and become net zero before 2060.
- The world’s largest offshore wind farm, Dogger Bank, has ordered 190 13MW wind turbines.
- Arcadia Power is committed to making clean energy work for the planet and your bank account — all without changing your utility company. Sign up to receive your $20 Amazon Gift Card.
Solar power Stories September 23
Solar power Stories September 16
Net metering allows residential and commercial customers who generate their own electricity from solar power to sell the electricity they aren’t using back into the grid. That saves money on electric bills.
But electric companies perceive that they make less money as a result, and they’re not so keen on that. So in Florida, utilities want to roll net metering back — and there’s a hearing about it tomorrow.
Solar power Stories September 14
BP stated in a forecast published today that oil may have reached its peak due to the pandemic and that renewables will take the place of fossil fuels.
Solar power Stories July 29
Solar power Stories July 23
Solar power Stories July 14
The UK’s National Grid and Denmark’s Energinet has begun work on the world’s longest subsea power cable. The €2 billion Viking Link project, a 475-mile-long (765 km) cable, is being built in Lincolnshire. It will run between the UK and Denmark in order to share green energy between the two countries.
Solar power Stories June 26
The Department of the Interior under the Trump administration approved around half as many wind and solar projects on federal land as the Obama administration had at the same point in its first term, according to a report published yesterday by the Center for American Progress (CAP).
Solar power Stories June 17
Solar power Stories June 9
In today’s Electrek Green Energy Brief (EGEB):
- New US electricity generation capacity in April 2020? 100% renewables.
- With the right policies, the US could reach 90% clean energy by 2035.
- India’s first solar ferry is shortlisted in the Gustave Trouvé Awards event.