While legislators battle over federal infrastructure bills, some US states are out of the gate when it comes to adopting clean energy.
New Jersey Stories August 19
New Jersey Stories August 17
In today’s Electrek Green Energy Brief (EGEB):
- The Linden Hawk Rise 4.5 MW community solar project in New Jersey nears completion.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, launches an Electrified Dealer Program to help car dealers sell EVs.
- UnderstandSolar is a free service that links you to top-rated solar installers in your region for personalized solar estimates. Tesla now offers price matching, so it’s important to shop for the best quotes. Click here to learn more and get your quotes. — *ad.
New Jersey Stories February 26, 2020
Tesla has signed a deal with the New Jersey Turnpike Authority to massively expand its Tesla Supercharger presence at Turnpike Service Areas, as well as build utility infrastructure for non-Tesla charging stations.
New Jersey Stories January 6, 2020
Legislation in New Jersey passed critical committee votes today, making it likely to become law this week. It will make New Jersey one of the most generous states for EVs, as well as improve EV infrastructure for the millions of Americans who drive through the state.
New Jersey Stories November 14, 2019
On the heel of Pennsylvania’s proposed $250 yearly electric vehicle tax, the New Jersey Senate Transportation Committee this afternoon is considering S.4090, a bill to establish a commission to design its own electric vehicle tax. The bill was introduced by state senators Patrick J. Diegnan Jr., chair of the Senate Transportation Committee, and Linda R. Greenstein, assistant majority leader. Both are Democrats, and both are apparently receptive to the fossil fuel industry’s push for special taxes on electric vehicles. Update: the discussion begins at the 11:20 minute mark here. Not good. Eric Blomgren of the New Jersey Gasoline & Convenience Store Association and Michael Egenton of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce testify, pushing hard for the tax and slowing EV adoption. Jeff Tittel, Director of New Jersey Sierra Club, appears alone to defend EV drivers. He’s outnumbered and the bill continues its menacing march forward.
New Jersey Stories June 18, 2019
In today’s EGEB:
- New Jersey will rejoin the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
- Wind energy experts see greater potential in Ireland.
- A solar-powered gondola in Bogotá is cutting travel time, pollution, and emissions.
New Jersey Stories June 5, 2019
New Jersey is looking to become an East Coast leader when it comes to electric vehicles, as the state announced a new interagency partnership this week that aims to build out charging infrastructure in the hopes of getting 330,000 ZEVs registered in-state by 2025.
New Jersey Stories March 19, 2014
After Tesla lost in New Jersey, Nissan’s social Media Team Tweeted the “dickish” image above from the Leaf account according to ABGreen. They quickly realized the folly of their ways and deleted it and perhaps someone was straighend out (the door?) over the matter.
I mean we’re all in this together and rising waters raise all ships and all that, right? expand full story