Two powerful corporate networks that represent more than 80 companies with a combined $1.3 trillion in annual revenue have today written to the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The pair of letters calls for interim strong fuel economy and emission standards and 100% zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) sales of light-duty vehicles by 2035 at the latest.
Zero-emissions vehicle Stories April 15
Zero-emissions vehicle Stories November 26, 2019
The United Nations (UN) released its 10th annual Emissions Gap Report 2019 today. The report presents the latest data on the expected gap in 2030 for the Paris Agreement’s 1.5C and 2C temperature targets.
For the first time, it looks at how large annual cuts need to be from 2020 to 2030 in order to meet the Paris goals. And that includes the electrification of transport.
Zero-emissions vehicle Stories September 17, 2015
Audi: the e-tron quattro will not be a compliance car
During an interview at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Audi of America President Scott Keogh confirmed that the company doesn’t plan to make the e-tron quattro a “compliance car”, but instead he sees a global market for the all-electric SUV.
“Our number one thing is not to build a compliance car but to build a cool, desirable car, because that’s what’s going to help our brand and our customers are going to like it,” Keogh said.
Zero-emissions vehicle Stories October 25, 2013
In an effort to spur lackluster sales of electric cars, California, New York and six other states said on Thursday that they would work jointly to adopt a range of measures, including encouraging more charging stations and changing building codes, to make it easier to own an electric car.
The goal, they said, was to achieve sales of at least 3.3 million vehicles that did not have any emissions by 2025.
The states, which represent more than a quarter of the national car market, said they would seek to develop charging stations that all took the same form of payment, simplify rules for installing chargers and set building codes and other regulations to require the stations at workplaces, multifamily residences and at other places.
Charging stations, charging stations, charging stations.
- Coalition of States Seeks to Spur Use of Electric Cars (nytimes.com)
- Eight U.S. states band together to promote clean cars (reuters.com)
- Eight governors make zero-emission car pledge (usatoday.com)
- 8 States Vow 3.3M Zero-Emission Vehicles by 2025 – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- 8 states sign deal to boost electric-car sales (sfgate.com)
- California joins initiative to put 3.3 electric vehicles on the road (techi.com)
- Oregon one of eight states aiming to put 3.3 million zero-emission vehicles on the road (oregonlive.com)
- California joins seven other states to put 3.3 million zero emission vehicles on road by 2025 (mercurynews.com)