In this week’s top stories: Tesla ships Powerpacks to Puerto Rico, a new dual connector charge port design for Model S and Model X, Volvo’s performance electric car brand unveils its first car and announces a ‘Tesla Model 3 competitor,’ and much more. Read on for all of this week’s biggest stories…
This week, Tesla started shipping Powerpacks to Puerto Rico. The company had previously shipped a few hundred Powerwall battery packs to the island, but it has since stepped in with its bigger commercial and utility-scale system.
The company also unveiled a new dual connector charge port for Model S and Model X. This charge port design will help Tesla as it continues to expand around the world and face compatibility issues with other charge systems.
Volvo’s Polestar brand this week unveiled a new performance electric car called the Polestar 1. The company also touted upcoming vehicles to follow including a new all-electric car that they say will compete against the Tesla MOdel 3.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below…
- Tesla starts shipping Powerpacks to Puerto Rico
- Tesla unveils new dual connector charge port design for Model S and Model X
- Tesla Model S fire vs 35 firefighters – watch impressive operation after a high-speed crash
- Tesla Model 3: most extensive driving experience video so far
- Tesla is launching new all-electric service vehicles based on Model S and Model X next year
- Tesla Model 3 production bottlenecks are due to suppliers, says Oppenheimer after meeting with management
- Tesla Model 3: another ~1,000 VINs are registered with NHTSA
- First Tesla Model 3 with performance dual motor reportedly spied on test track
- Tesla is delivering more Model 3 vehicles as customer delivery deadline approaches
- Tesla cautiously addresses upcoming Autopilot 2.0 software update
- Tesla Model 3 doesn’t come with free Supercharger credits like Model S and Model X
- Tesla (TSLA) increases borrowing capacity by $500 million to fund its lease program
- Watch Tesla Model 3’s new Autopark feature at work
- Tesla’s former VP of Production talks ‘secret second factory floor’ and vertical integration
- Tesla avoids German union at advanced automation group, agrees to salary increase
- Volvo’s Polestar unveils performance electric car, announces new ‘Tesla Model 3 competitor’
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company is starting work on Baltimore-DC underground Hyperloop
- Zero Motorcycles unveils its 2018 lineup with new faster charging and up to 223 miles of range
- Improving battery tech is enabling increasingly crazier electric vehicles, now manned-hoverbikes
- US Army doesn’t want to be left out of the electric revolution, official talks ‘all-electric brigades’
- A boat equipped with a new electric outboard motor crushes marathon record
- Toyota-Mazda’s upcoming electric car factory is down to ‘3 or 4 locations’ in the US
- EV simplicity wins: Consumer Reports names new Bolt most reliable car in Chevy’s line
Solar & Wind |
- Tesla wins contract to supply Powerpacks at world’s first solar+wind+storage project
- New wind turbine efficiency so great utilities ‘repowering’ farms early
- Solar farm in a box – 500 homes worth of solar power in a standardized kit
- Solar drone capable of quasi-perpetual flight tested in the Arctic
- China breaking all solar power records, aiming for 50GW in 2017
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos inaugurates an impressive new wind farm
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.