This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s upcoming new battery, Tesla Plaid Powertrain, EVs from Frankfurt, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla battery researcher unveils new cell that could last 1 million miles in ‘robot taxis’
- Tesla patents new longer lasting battery with better performance and cheaper cost
- Tesla announces Model S with 3-motor ‘Plaid powertrain’ and new ‘chassis prototype’
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s new Model S prototype is a 7 seater
- Tesla Model S prototype shows new fascia, strange rear spoiler, and more
- Tesla is working on 5th assembly line at Fremont factory ahead of Model Y production
- Tesla is installing a solar array at Fremont factory and new 24-stall Supercharger
- Tesla adds pedestrian warning system to Model 3
- Tesla starts its massive self-driving computer retrofit, but don’t hold your breath
- VW unveils production version of ID.3 electric car: starts under $33,000 with range up to 340 miles
- Mercedes-Benz unveils EQS electric sedan concept with 435 miles of range and 350 kW charging
- Honda unveils production version of Honda E electric car, price starts at ~$33,000
- Renault K-ZE electric crossover launches in China for just ~$9,000
- Electric pickup maker Rivian can’t stop raising money, adds $350 million from Cox Automotive
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.