Geothermal Stories October 8, 2020
Geothermal Stories September 17, 2020
Kathy Hannun came to geothermal while at Alphabet’s X (formerly called Google[x]). In May 2017, she spun the company out and assumed the role of CEO of Dandelion Energy. She’s now in the role of president of the company, which allows her more free time, which means she can talk to us!
Hunnan spoke with Electrek‘s publisher Seth Weintraub and writer Michelle Lewis about why home geothermal systems are more affordable, convenient, and energy-efficient than anything else out there. At the same time, geothermal eliminates the fossil-fuel-based heating oil and gas systems currently in use.
Geothermal Stories August 19, 2019
In today’s Electrek Green Energy Brief (EGEB):
- Greenpeace names the worst global sulfur dioxide air pollutant hotspots.
- The UK is exploring using minewater as a source of geothermal energy.
- A gas plant in Fife, Scotland, sparks safety fears due to technical failures.
- Six green energy ideas that flopped.
Geothermal Stories June 3, 2019
In today’s EGEB:
- Renewable spending set to pass upstream oil and gas next year in Asia.
- A look at the potential for geothermal energy in the US.
- Albuquerque looks to get more from solar power.
- Massachusetts wants more offshore wind.
Geothermal Stories June 1, 2018
Electrek Green Energy Brief: A daily technical, financial, and political review/analysis of important green energy news.
Today on EGEB, MidAmerican claims it will be the first U.S. utility to offer 100% renewable energy to willing clients. Dandelion seeks to take a foothold in the heating and air conditioning market with a new geothermal unit. Foreign companies adapt to Trump’s tariffs by planning new U.S. factories.