In this week’s top stories: As deliveries continue to increase, we learn more about the Tesla Model 3, Tesla discontinues its cheapest Model S option, Hummer unveils its all-electric vehcile, and much more. Head below for a full rundown of this week’s news…
A new patent this week offered a more detailed look at the Tesla Model 3’s unique HVAC system. The Model 3 maintains a clean interior aesthetic thanks to its “high aspect ratio” vent.” The patent explains that the goal is to provide a less “disruptive” and more “uniform design” compared to other cars.
Tesla is also working to expand consumer deliveries of the Model 3 as it starts work on a consumer-facing design studio that will allow customers to customize their Model 3 with color options, wheels, and interior finishes.
Also this week, Tesla continued to be in the news for its hurricane relief efforts. After upgrading cars to offer longer range during evacuation efforts, survivors are now writing “SEND TESLA” with the debris of their destroyed home.
Finally, Tesla discontinued its cheapest Model S tier this week. The company has confirmed that it’s no longer selling the rear-wheel drive Model S 75, which was priced at $69,500 in the United States. With that discontinuation of that model, the Model S now sits at a base price of $74,500.
- Tesla Model 3’s unique HVAC system explained in new patent
- Hurricane survivor writes ‘SEND TESLA’ with the debris of destroyed home
- Tesla Model S P100D crushes all competition in Motor Trend’s ‘World’s Greatest Drag Race’
- Tesla is working on customer-facing Model 3 design studio as it expands deliveries
- Tesla is discontinuing the rear-wheel drive Model S next week – the cheapest Model S option
- Tesla’s charging stations are turning into convenience stops, say CTO JB Straubel
- Tesla Model 3: how the keyless and phone entry works and user manual
- Tesla is building a new biggest Supercharger in the world
- Close look at Tesla Model 3 with new deliveries
- Tesla Model 3: interesting look at powertrain and chassis through first responders guide
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) is back to all-time high as Model 3 deliveries ramp up
- Tesla-powered electric kit car runs insane 9-second quarter-mile
- Tesla is reportedly working on its own chip for self-driving with AMD and GlobalFoundries (updated)
- Dubai takes delivery of their first 50 Tesla vehicles to create a ‘self-driving’ taxi service
- Tesla Factory: new drone flyover shows new buildings as plant grows to support Model 3 production
- Mercedes-Benz invests $1 billion to build its ‘EQ’ electric cars and batteries in the US
- Electric motorhomes are coming: a new RV powered by solar panels and 91 kWh battery pack
- All-electric Hummer unveiled by Kreisel and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Porsche is bringing its ultra-fast electric car charging stations to the US
- A giraffe-looking electric car charging station is powered by both solar and wind
- Mitsubishi releases first image of its upcoming electric ‘e-Evolution’ car
- Bosch is making the 1,000 hp electric powertrain of Nikola Motor’s semi truck
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.