This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a flurry of Tesla news from the shareholder meeting, Daimler unveils new electric trucks in response to Tesla Semi, Jaguar starts marketing the I-Pace, and more.
Thanks to this week’s Electrek Podcast sponsor Wunder Capital, the easiest way to invest in large-scale solar projects across the US. To learn more, visit WunderCapital.com/Electrek
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla releases new image of Model Y electric CUV, Musk jokes about it having no steering wheel
- Tesla unveils new white next-gen Roadster prototype at shareholder meeting
- Tesla Model 3 claims best-selling mid-sized premium sedan spot, gives production update
- Tesla pushes Supercharger V3 to ‘end of the year’, says it will be ‘zombie apocalypse-proof’
- Electric cars can now charge on sunlight day and night with Tesla Powerpacks at new ‘Smart Solar Charging’ station
- Tesla finally adds highly requested feature to Supercharger stations – a squeegee station
- Tesla will start offering Model 3 leases in ‘6 to 9 months’, says Elon Musk
- Tesla releases new Autopilot update with performance improvements and new car renderings
- Tesla to open its own body shops by the end of the month, could offer same day repair, says Elon Musk
- Tesla (TSLA) rallies ~10% on Elon Musk’s confidence as the shorts scramble
- Daimler unveils electric eCascadia semi truck to compete with Tesla Semi, launches electric truck group
- Jaguar I-PACE review roundup: 20 early videos are mostly positive but lack EV context
- Porsche: Mission E doesn’t aim to be a Tesla killer, it aims to be a ‘real Porsche’
- Porsche’s Mission E all-electric vehicle becomes the ‘Taycan’
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.