This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Gigafactory is finally getting its giant solar array, Hyundai unveils the Kona Electric, Jaguar reveals the production version of the I-Pace, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS (note this is a redirect which will change destinations in the upcoming weeks so don’t use the Lybsyn link it points to). Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla finally starts installing its massive ‘world’s largest solar rooftop array’ at Gigafactory 1
- Hyundai unveils the Kona Electric compact SUV with a range of up to 292 miles
- Jaguar officially unveils production version of all-electric I-Pace: 240-mile range, 100 kW charging, and more
- Jaguar compares new I-Pace with Tesla Model X in interesting drag race video
- Bosch decides against massive battery cell production plan for electric cars, even sells solid-state battery start-up
- Tesla Model 3 first-day reservation holders will get mini versions of their cars as their ‘something special’
- First Tesla Model 3 dual motor all-wheel-drive spotted in the wild
- Harley-Davidson invests in electric motorcycle startup Alta Motors ahead of launching its own electric bike
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.