In this week’s top stories: Tesla may be underselling some Model 3 specs based on newly released EPA documents, Tesla delivers the first Model 3 in New York, Elon Musk talks “production hell,” and much more. Read on for this week’s top stories…
This week, a newly released document from the EPA indicated that Tesla may be underselling Model 3 performance. The EPA document indicates that while the Model 3 with ‘Long Range’ battery pack has a range of 310 miles on a charge, the EPA cycle testing showed 334 miles of range. Tesla, however, asked the EPA to lower that to an official range of 310 miles.
Tesla also this week delivered the first Model 3 in New York, which offered the first look a the design with a front license plate. Meanwhile, Elon Musk hinted at “production hell” at Tesla’s battery Gigafactory in Nevada.
Elsewhere, Toyota admitted this week that “Elon Musk is right” about fuel cell, but nevertheless is moving forward with hydrogen. Toyota’s Yoshikazu Tanaka remarked that Musk, who called hydrogen fuel cell “incredibly dumb” in the past “is right” in some aspects.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below…
- Tesla could be underselling Model 3’s range and charging capacity, reveals EPA document
- Tesla delivers first Model 3 in New York – first look at design with front license plate
- Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk hints at ‘production hell’ at battery Gigafactory in Nevada
- Tesla releases new update to enable full speed automatic emergency braking for Autopilot 2.5, and more
- Tesla-powered electric bus project spotted charging at a Supercharger station
- Tesla opens new largest Supercharger station in the world
- Tesla Model 3 supplier says part orders have been reduced to 3,000 per week in December: report
- Tesla’s Autopilot is under attack by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, billionaire shorter, and media
- Tesla Model 3: first hour long in-depth look at early production unit
- First drives in Tesla’s latest Autopilot software update show some improvements
- Tesla unveils ‘first of many solar+storage projects’ at hospital in Puerto Rico
- Tesla integrates seat manufacturing and attempts to automate it for Model 3, says report
- Tesla reportedly strikes deal with China to build ‘wholly-owned’ gigafactory in Shanghai
- Daimler unveils heavy-duty all-electric truck concept with ‘up to 220 miles’ range
- Toyota admits ‘Elon Musk is right’ about fuel cell, but moves forward with hydrogen anyway
- Nissan to unveil several new electric vehicles this week
- Tesla-inspired Chinese EV startup launches all-electric SUV using open-source patents
- Honda unveils all-electric sports car concept based on new electric platform
- Hyundai and Kia are both coming out with new all-electric SUVs next year, but in low volumes
- Watch Porsche’s all-electric Mission E test mule speed around Nürburgring track
Solar & Wind |
- Electric utility in Florida lobbies against solar for regular people, but uses it for its own portfolio
- What you need to know before buying solar power ahead of Trump’s tariff decision
- Solar SmartFlower bring sexy, premium quality dual axis tracking to your *front* yard
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.