In this week’s top stories: All of the Model 3 details you’ve been waiting for, including pricing information, production specifications, and colors. Also this week, we take the Model 3 for a drive, Tesla starts delivering 85 kWh battery packs software-locked at 75 kWh, and more.
This week was dominated by Model 3 news with Tesla’s delivery event for the car last night. The company offered more information about the Model 3’s production specs and efficiency, while also giving customers more information about color choices and options. It was also revealed this week that the Model 3 can officially cost only $25,000 in California thanks to incentives.
We were lucky enough to take the Model 3 for a drive this week as well, noting of the similarities to the Model S, the strong performance, and how Tesla’s signature touchscreen interface scales to the new horizontal display.
Moving on from the Model 3, Tesla this week announced the winners of its Project Loveday fan-made video contest, with YouTuber MKBHD taking the top spot. Tesla also started delivering new 85 kWh battery packs software-locked at 75 kWh.
Read on for all this week’s top stories…
- Tesla Model 3 production specs revealed: up to 310 miles range, 140 mph top speed, and more
- A look at all Tesla Model 3 production colors
- Tesla Model 3 first drive experience: a smaller Model S with a minimalist look
- Tesla Model 3 can now officially cost only ~$25,000 in California after incentives
- “When will I get my Model 3?” Tesla’s new Model 3 Reservations FAQ includes delivery estimator
- Is the Tesla Model 3 launch today the D-Day for electric cars? I think so
- Tesla Model 3 delivery event: live updates
- Tesla is prioritizing Model 3 deliveries to employees, but they can’t resell for a profit
- Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk originally implied orders could spike after final production reveal, but why?
- Tesla says ‘Model 3 invitations arriving soon’ for early reservation holders
- Tesla Model 3: top 10 cars that reservations holders are replacing with the new EV
- Tesla Model 3 spotted performance testing just ahead of the launch
- Tesla Model S is being used as chase car to launch spy planes on Royal Air Force base
- Next-gen Nissan Leaf prototype spotted with 165 miles (265km) of range
- BMW announces new car architecture to enable ‘electrification of every model series’, starting with all-electric Mini
- China gets a new all-electric crossover for just ‘US$ 22,200 to 25,600’: GAC Motor GE3
- Toyota could finally start mass producing electric cars thanks to China
- Bollinger unveils new minimalist and badass-looking all-electric truck with up to 200 miles of range
This week’s top video |
- Tesla’s “Project Loveday” winners announced ahead of Model 3 event; watch the winning fan-made videos here
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.