In this week’s top stories: we got a lot of updates on the highly anticipated Tesla Model 3 through the company’s fourth quarter earnings and through some exclusive reports. We looked into how to invest in some of the resources required for the electric vehicles revolutions and much more on Electrek.
We kick things off this week with a 1-year review of Tesla Powerwall 1, which managed to boost an early adopter’s savings to 92% of his electricity bill. We posted insider pictures of the Model 3 chassis and inside the early production facility of the Model 3.
Finally, we also leaked an email from Tesla CEO Elon Musk to all employees about the recent push to unionize the Fremont factory.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- A look at Tesla Powerwall ownership after 1 year as second generation is coming: 92% savings on utility bill
- Tesla Model 3: First pictures of chassis and inside the ‘alien dreadnought’?
- Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk hints at possible heads-up display, releases details about screen, battery, and more
- Tesla vehicles will shuttle celebrities to the Oscars in Morgan Freeman’s new all-Tesla limo service
- Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk says final reveal could come after production in July, when they open online configurator
- Tesla Supercharger etiquette: property owner closed down station after a non-Tesla car was ‘vandalized’ in charging spot
EV | Autonomous |
- How to invest in the resource boom that Tesla Gigafactory and electric vehicles are creating
- BMW’s upcoming i5 electric car would actually be a Tesla Model 3-competing sedan inspired by Vision 100 Concept
- Honda wants to charge electric vehicles dynamically for ‘unlimited range’ on highways
- First self-driving car ‘race’ ends in a crash at the Buenos Aires Formula E ePrix; two cars enter, one car survives
- Automakers have asked the new science-denying head of the EPA not to protect the environment
- Actress Margot Robbie will promote electric vehicles for Nissan as a new ambassador
This week’s top videos |
- Electric GT championship with Tesla Model S P100D gets a launch date and circuits, including Nürburgring
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.