This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s plan for a factory Texas, our article on the Tesla superfan problem, Elon Musk’s California fight update, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla’s next factory is going to be in Austin, Texas and it’s going to happen quickly
- Tesla superfandom becomes toxic, negative for electric revolution [op-ed]
- Elon Musk: Tesla will move from California to Texas/Nevada due to local coronavirus response
- Tesla restarts Fremont factory despite conflict with authorities [update: Musk openly defies order]
- Tesla Fremont factory: Alameda deescalates issue, doesn’t fall into Elon Musk’s martyr trap
- Check out Tesla’s impressive chart of pandemic’s impact on Supercharger use
- Tesla updates Model 3 interior to match Model Y features
- Tesla will launch its new battery in China first and partner with CATL to make them, report says
- Elon Musk delays Tesla ‘Battery Day’ to next month
- Tesla Model X with extreme mileage racked up $29,000 in repair/maintenance and that’s good
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company completes excavation of Las Vegas’ electric ‘Loop’
- Ford announces that Mustang Mach-E electric car charges 30% faster than they thought
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.