This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a possible new compact Tesla car, Model Y news, Tesla releasing a new Wall Connector, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla releases new design drawing, announces design center to build ‘Chinese-style’ car
- Tesla Model Y gets CARB certification, hinting at deliveries and range
- Tesla Model Y VINs appear in NHTSA database ahead of deliveries
- Tesla launches new home charging station with Wi-Fi connection and new design
- Tesla releases new 85 kWh battery pack for Model S/X — not for sale yet
- Tesla updates Supercharger billing to add cost of electricity use for other than charging
- Tesla owners are unintentionally buying expensive software upgrades and not getting refunds, Musk says will address
- Tesla prepares massive solar roof expansion in many new markets
- Chevy is offering $10,000 lease discounts on Bolt EV
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S is new least-efficient EV: 68 MPGe, 192 miles EPA range
- Volvo building South Carolina battery plant to support all-electric XC90
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.