This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla getting into battery cell production, a 400-mile range electric car is coming soon, solar roof V3 is coming, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Shareholder’s Meeting News Hub
- Tesla all but confirms it’s going to make own battery cells with new Maxwell tech
- Tesla looks to launch human-driven Uber/Lyft competitor before robotaxi rollout
- Elon Musk updates Tesla pickup and semi truck timelines
- Tesla will soon have a 400-mile electric car and you don’t need it
- Tesla’s new Solar Roof V3 will be same price as shingle roof and electric bill, says Elon Musk
- Here’s a real Tesla Solar Roof quote and the price will shock you
- First look at Tesla’s solar roof tile technology with custom fittings
- Tesla is delivering 1,000 cars a day en route to record quarter
- Hydrogen station explodes, Toyota halts sales of fuel cell cars, is this the end?
- Northvolt secures $1 billion from VW, others for gigafactory; joint gigafactory with VW also planned
- Honda e battery specs and platform revealed, 31,000 have ‘expressed interest’ in the electric car
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.