This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a look at Tesla’s Q1 2019 earnings, a recap of Tesla’s first Autonomy Day, the new Model S and Model X upgrades, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla (TSLA) releases Q1 results: net loss of $702 million, Model 3 margin at ~20%
- Tesla Autonomy Event news hub
- Tesla unveils its new Full Self-Driving computer in detail: ‘objectively the best chip in the world’
- NVIDIA disputes some of Tesla’s FSD computer claims, but they miss the main point
- Tesla releases new self-driving demo with new Autopilot graphics
- Tesla unveils ‘Robotaxi’ plan for self-driving ride-sharing network next year
- Tesla unveils car design without a steering wheel, coming within 2 years, says Elon Musk
- Tesla is working on new battery that lasts 1 million miles to come out next year, says Elon Musk
- Tesla releases new longer range Model S and Model X with drivetrain, suspension upgrades, & more
- Tesla battery supplier Panasonic is considering switching 18650 cell production to 2170 cells
- Tesla unlocks even more power (150 kW) out of existing Superchargers, expands rollout
- Tesla gives first look at new Roadster back seats and door system
- Ford invests $500 million in electric pickup startup Rivian, will make an EV together
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.