Tesla is holding an event today called ‘Tesla Autonomy Investor Day’ at its headquarters in Palo Alto. Follow along here to get all the details about what is being announced.
The automaker claims to be making a lot of progress in developing its fully self-driving software and it plans a ‘deep dive’ to give everyone a deep dive today:
“Tesla is making significant progress in the development of its autonomous driving software and hardware, including our FSD computer, which is currently in production and which will enable full-self driving via future over-the-air software updates. With a number of very exciting developments coming in the weeks and months ahead, Tesla will host investors on the morning of April 19th at our headquarters in Palo Alto to provide a deep dive into our self-driving technology and road map.”
Throughout the day, Tesla will give investors test-drives to experience the latest Autopilot software first-hand, “including features and functionality that are under active development.”
Tesla will also livestream a presentation about its self-driving technology and road map, which is expected to include remarks from Elon Musk, as well as VP of Engineering, Stuart Bowers, VP of Hardware Engineering, Pete Bannon, and Sr. Director of AI, Andrej Karpathy.
It will be available on YouTube below starting at 11 AM local (PT) or 2 PM ET:
Tesla Autonomy Event news hub
Here we are going to link to our articles based on all the news coming out of the ‘Tesla Autonomy Investor Day’:
- Tesla unveils its new Full Self-Driving computer in detail: ‘objectively the best chip in the world’
- Tesla unveils ‘Robotaxi’ plan for self-driving ride-sharing network next year
- Tesla releases new self-driving demo with new Autopilot graphics
- Tesla unveils car design without a steering wheel, coming within 2 years, says Elon Musk
We are also going to provide smaller updates directly in the article if necessary.
You can also watch the last episode of our podcast (embedded below) to know what we expect will be announced at ‘Tesla Autonomy Investor Day’ and the implications for the company going forward.
- 2:20 PM: the stream is playing B-roll footage and Tesla is about 20 minutes late… so everything is normal.
- 2:24 PM: there are some cool new images in that B-roll though:
- 4:08 PM: the presentations are still going on. We are starting to post articles based on those presentations.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.