This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla buying a new battery technology, Model 3 price reduction, the Model 3 European launch, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla acquires ultracapacitor and battery manufacturer for over $200 million
- Tesla’s newly acquired battery tech could result in more power, longer range, and more durability
- Tesla reduces Model 3 price, now starts at $42,900 before incentives
- Tesla Model 3 comes to Europe with first massive shipment arriving at Zeebrugge port
- Tesla starts Model 3 deliveries in Europe, with some delays
- Tesla Model 3 reaches new record charge rate of 126 kW – faster on CCS than Superchargers
- Tesla is setting up casting lines in Gigafactory 1 ahead of Model Y production
- Tesla reopens Amazon store again after weird launch [Updated]
- Tesla reaches deal with Electrify America to deploy Powerpacks at over 100 charging stations
- Study shows electric cars lose 41% of range in ‘icy temperature’, Tesla disputes the claim
- Republican senators push new bill to kill electric vehicle tax credit completely and add new EV tax
- Volkswagen wants other automakers to use its MEB electric platform
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.