This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Supercharger prices, Porsche Taycan coming in a big way, a new electric motorcycle war, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla drastically increases Supercharger prices around the world
- Tesla cuts Supercharger prices back down after customer backlash over increase
- Tesla Model 3 receives European homologation as first batch is on its way
- Tesla Model 3 tops resale value ranking, report says
- Tesla Model S and Model X production most affected by layoffs, report says
- Tesla is working on ‘Sentry Mode’ for 360° dashcam surveillance, says Elon Musk
- Tesla reveals new self-driving Autopilot hardware 3.0 computer diagram ahead of launch
- Tesla applies for series of patents for new AI chip in Autopilot Hardware 3.0
- Tesla is now using more sophisticated algorithm with temperature to better predict range
- Porsche plans to produce an impressive 40,000 all-electric Taycan cars per year, report says
- Porsche shares more details about all-electric Taycan production version
- Porsche says its EV factory walls absorb nitrogen dioxide – pollutant its cheating diesel cars were emitting
- Volvo’s Polestar releases more images of its ‘Tesla Model 3 competitor’ with Google UI
- Zero teases ‘first of its kind’ electric motorcycle with new image, hints at higher speed and power
- Lightning Strike 150 mph & 150 mile range electric motorcycle opens pre-orders today
- Honda shows new electric prototype, says ‘mass production version’ coming this year
- Petro Canada starts deploying its own electric vehicle chargers at gas stations
- Toyota and Panasonic confirm wide-ranging new battery partnership for electric vehicles
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):