This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a big week for Tesla Model 3 production, the fatal Autopilot crash is back into focus, and we finally discuss the Tesla solar roof and more.
Home Solar Power
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Elon Musk pokes fun at Tesla haters with April Fool’s joke about the company going bankrupt
- Porsche’s all-electric ‘Mission E tractor’ shouldn’t be an April fools joke
- Tesla confirms record production of 34,494 vehicles last quarter, ~10,000 Model 3 vehicles
- Tesla Model 3 production rate is now ‘over 2,000 units per week’, says Elon Musk
- Tesla registers a record 4,793 new Model 3 VINs after ramping up production
- Tesla Model 3 is now officially the best-selling electric car in the US
- First Tesla Model 3 vehicles arrive in China and Dubai
- Tesla owner almost crashes on video trying to recreate fatal Autopilot accident
- Tesla Autopilot confuses markings toward barrier in recreation of fatal Model X crash at exact same location
- Elon Musk hits back at NTSB’s critique of Tesla releasing data of fatal Autopilot accident
- First Tesla solar roof customer installation is now up and running – feeding the grid and Powerwall
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):