In this week’s top stories: Tesla quietly completes its new 80 MWh Powerpack station, Elon Musk meets with President Trump and joins his new manufacturing council, Seth takes the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV for a spin, Model 3 gets a slight rebranding and new teaser video, and much more.
We kick things off this week with word that Tesla’s new 80 MWh Powerpack station with Southern California Edison is complete and ready to go. The company gives Model 3 a slight rebranding by removing the ‘3 lines’ logo on its website. And we learn that Tesla’s Model 3 sourcing program is proving stringent as supplier SHW gets stung by a $100 million parts cancellation.
Seth takes the new 2017 Chevy Bolt EV for a test drive in our hands-on review. We take a look at Arnold Schwarzenegger’s new custom all-electric Mercedes G-Class. Tesla CEO Elon Musk joins President Trump’s new manufacturing council as the Trump administration reportedly silences the Department of Energy’s Sunshot team. And Model 3 gets a new teaser video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla quietly brings online its massive – biggest in the world – 80 MWh Powerpack station
- Tesla changes the branding of the Model 3 to remove the ‘3 lines’ logo on its website
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk meets with President Trump to talk American manufacturing
- Exclusive: Tesla’s Model 3 sourcing program proves stringent, supplier SHW stung by $100 million parts cancellation
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk joins President Trump’s new manufacturing council
- Teardown of new 100 kWh Tesla battery pack reveals new cooling system and 102 kWh capacity
EV | Autonomous |
- The Electrek Review: 2017 Chevy Bolt EV is the first Plug-in for everyone
- Tesla says GM and Uber bought ‘little more than demoware’ w/ $1 billion acquisitions of Cruise and Otto
- Arnold Schwarzenegger will now drive a new custom all-electric Mercedes G-Class
- Tesla to transition from ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ to ‘Fully Self-Driving’ as soon as ‘3 to 6 months’,
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla releases new up-close drone footage of Gigafactory 1 in Nevada
- Trump administration silences the Department of Energy’s Sunshot team
- Electrek green energy brief: Trump’s renewable infrastructure, 80% solar before big upgrades…
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.