Hydro-Québec wants to offer per-kWh pricing, as well as Tesla plugs alongside CCS and Chademo connectors at its hundreds of DCFC stations. So what’s holding them back? Blame Canada (and Tesla, respectively).
Hydro-Québec Stories February 3
Hydro-Québec Stories May 10, 2019
In today’s EGEB:
- The US reaches 2 million total solar installations, three years after hitting 1 million.
- A Québec utility looks to become the “green battery” of the Northeast US.
- A map shows the location of more than 800 waitlisted Illinois community solar projects.
- Texas renewable backers prepare for a last-minute legislative attack.
- Jay Inslee responds to The Onion’s headline.
Hydro-Québec Stories September 1, 2015
Hydro-Quebec proposes 1 GW hydro-power capacity for the Northern Pass to New England
The Northern Pass is a Quebec–New Hampshire power line transmission project to distribute clean and cheap hydro-power from Canada to New England. Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are about to finalize the guidelines for bidding on the massive contract estimated to be worth a total of $1.4 billion for the US side of the line alone. They will open the contract for bids next week.
Today, governors from New England states and prime ministers from eastern provinces are in St-John, Newfoundland for their annual conference. Hydro-Quebec, the front-runner for the electricity generation contract, decided it was good timing for updating its bid. The company announced 1 GW of capacity for the project.