This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including the launch of Tesla’s Full Self-Driving Subscription, opening the Supercharger network to other automakers, the launch of Tesla’s new virtual power plant in California, and more.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps:
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Semi electric truck is finally about to go into production
- Elon Musk confirms Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers later this year
- Tesla launches its Full Self-Driving subscription package for $199 per month
- Tesla is charging owners $1,500 for hardware they already paid for
- Tesla (TSLA) sells back Maxwell Technology’s ultracapacitor business to former executives
- Tesla puts new Model S deliveries on hold, and it’s unclear why
- Tesla (TSLA) increases Model 3 and Model Y prices again
- Tesla launches its own virtual power plant with Powerwalls to help California’s grid
- Tesla releases details of new virtual power plant, says it’s a public good without compensation
- Tesla (TSLA) is going on a salesforce hiring spree as demand ramps up in the US
- [UPDATED] GM announces recall after a dozen Bolt EV Fires; 6 key questions with answers from GM
- Mercedes-Benz announces plan to go all-electric by 2030
- Mercedes-Benz teases super-efficient electric car with over 1,000 km (620 miles) of range
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.