This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s Austin Terafactory?, Model Y quality issues, Tesla’s new software update, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla acquires $5 million worth of land outside Austin to build new factory
- Tesla has some major Model Y quality issues
- Tesla deliveries unsurprisingly crash in US amid pandemic but it’s not that bad
- Tesla releases new software update with bunch of new features
- Tesla starts to enable cars to automatically drive through green lights
- Tesla upgrades Model S with 402-mile range
- Tesla releases new solar panel, slashes prices
- Tesla is taking design submissions for its Chinese-made small electric car
- Tesla admits its approach to self-driving is harder but might be only way to scale
- Tesla secures massive new Megapack project that replaces gas peaker plant
- Tesla deploys new Megapacks at ‘WindCharger’ project
- Tesla Model 3 gets a solar roof thanks to Lightyear
- Leaked photos of VW ID.4 electric crossover reveal clean design
- GM unveils Buick Velite 7 Electric SUV, gives us an idea of Bolt EUV
- Tesla Cybertruck is making display debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.