In another episode ‘Is Elon Musk kidding?’, Tesla actually did release a ‘fart app’ as an Easter egg in its vehicle software.
This weekend, Musk tweeted “Tesla app almost done. Important to get every note right!”
The emoji is often referred to as the “fart” emoji, which led to people thinking Tesla was working on a fart app.
It was another of those tweets from Musk that made you question whether he is kidding or Tesla is actually putting resources toward this.
Now we have our answer: Yes.
Some Tesla owners getting a new version of Tesla’s vehicle software have access to a new feature in the Easter egg drawer:
It’s exactly what it sounds like; a fart app. Tesla owners can choose between “on demand” farts and farts when using the turn signal.
It looks like Tesla missed an opportunity to use the seat sensors to activate the farting machine.
While that’s not an option, they did plenty of different fart noises, hence Musk’s comment about fine-tuning the “notes”, and they have some creative names that appear to be callback jokes about Musk and his companies:
- Not a Fart – a reference to The Boring Company’s “Not a Flamethrower“
- Short Shorts Ripper – Musk likes to taunt TSLA shorts – even sending one of them a box of short shorts at some point.
- Falcon Heavy – SpaceX’s latest and biggest rocket that boosted the Tesla Roadster into space
- Ludicrous Fart – a reference to Tesla’s Ludicrous mode
- Neurastink – Musk has a company called Neuralink
- Boring Fart – another reference to the Boring Company
- I’m so random – this one is going over my head.
The same software update also has a “fireplace” Easter egg that changes the center screen into a fireplace, turn the heat up, and blast some romantic music.
It looks like Tesla is going all out on the Easter eggs for this holiday season.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.