This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Model 3’s new general assembly line that created some controversy, but not more than Tesla’s sabotage scandal. We also talk about BMW’s electrification plan and a lot more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Model 3 production update: Elon Musk will be ‘almost 24/7’ at factory to help fix a few bottlenecks
- Tesla’s new Model 3 assembly line inside a ‘tent’ is ‘way better’ and cheaper than other line, says Elon Musk
- Tesla production line was ‘sabotaged’, Elon Musk tells employees to be ‘on alert’
- Tesla sues alleged saboteur engineer who also apparently leaked false reports to media
- Tesla sabotage/data theft scandal becomes even crazier
- Tesla updates Autopilot ‘nag’ with new alert and clarifies hand on wheel detection
- Tesla Autopilot ‘buddy’ hack to avoid ‘nag’ gets shut down by NHTSA
- A rare look at what Tesla Autopilot can see and interpret
- Tesla now lets you limit the speed of your car with new update
- Porsche takes a stake in electric hypercar startup Rimac
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):