In this week’s top stories: Tesla continues ramping up Model 3 deliveries, Volkswagen bets big on electric cars and batteries, Elon Musk continues to hype Tesla’s semi, and more…
Tesla this week increased Model 3 deliveries to employees and insiders. The company is on track to make 1,500 Model 3 deliveries during the third quarter, which ends this month. It appears that only employees in California are receiving their car, but other employees around the country will have theirs by the end of this month.
Volkswagen this week updated its plans for electric cars, revealing that it is investing $84 billion in order to bring 300 electric vehicle models to the market by 2030.
Elon Musk continued hyping the Tesla Semi this week – and teased a new car altogether. Musk said it’s worth seeing Tesla Semi in person, calling it a “beast” with “unreal performance. Also this week, Musk responded to a request for a Tesla pickup truck by suggesting that Tesla could simply release a “mini Tesla Semi.”
Finally, Tesla this week unveiled a new “urban” Supercharger that has a slower dedicated charge rate, while it also updated its Supercharger network map with new upcoming stations and new routes and city charging.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla increases Model 3 deliveries to employees and insiders ahead of customer deliveries
- Tesla updates Supercharger network with new upcoming stations enabling new routes and city charging
- Tesla unveils new ‘urban’ Supercharger with a slower dedicated charge rate
- Tesla Semi is a ‘beast’, says Elon Musk – unveiling of electric truck pushed to Oct 26th
- Tesla’s latest software update brings more Supercharger information
- Elon Musk hints at Tesla ‘pickup truck’ as a ‘mini Tesla Semi’
- First look at Tesla’s new kind of Supercharger station with design refresh
- Tesla is working on a new mobile battery-swap technology to deploy out of a trailer
- Tesla Model 3 will wipe out BMW 3 Series sales, says investor
- Here’s how easy it is to make Tesla Model 3 wheels look good by removing aero caps
- Tesla Autopilot reportedly shares ‘blame’ for fatal accident in upcoming NTSB report
- Tesla is holding a ‘celebration’ event at its new giant Powerpack project on Sept 29
- Tesla veteran exec Diarmuid O’Connell leaves following launch of Model 3
- 2017 VW e-Golf finally launches with pricing in the US
- VW announces massive $84 billion investment in electric cars and batteries
- Samsung unveils new electric car batteries for up to 600 km (430 miles) of range
- This weird ‘organic’ battery tech claiming to charge an EV in 5 mins raises $60 million led by Daimler
- Chevy Bolt EV travels 750 km (466 miles) on a single charge
- New Nissan Leaf 2018 – Photos from every imaginable angle and night shots [Gallery]
- Honda unveils new electric car concept for production in 2019
- Audi unveils new all-electric autonomous car concept with ‘up to 500 miles’ of range
- Mercedes, Audi, and Jaguar turn to Norway to sell their first all-electric cars with thousands of reservations
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.