In this week’s top stories: Autopilot 2.0 gets an update, Tesla Model 3’s aero wheels look awesome without their caps, Tesla creates a tiny house to promote energy products, a glimpse at Tesla’s mobile service capacity, how a 97 year-old grandfather reacts to a Model S, our full review of Hyundai’s IONIQ, and more. Read on for all of this week’s top stories.
This week we see what the 18″ standard wheels on the Model 3 look like without the Aero caps, and it’s awesome. It may even convince those who don’t mind a smaller wheel size to forgo the $1,500 upgrade to the Sport wheels with such a simple way to improve the look of the base wheels.
Tesla created a tiny house and is taking it on a tour with a Model X “to educate the public on how to generate, store and use renewable energy for their home.” We see details about Tesla’s mobile service initiative, its goal to triple its service capacity, and how serious it is about this effort.
This week we get to see a 97 year-old experiencing a Tesla for the first time, a new Autopilot 2.0 update is released for vehicles that have the 2nd generation hardware, and we also saw images of the unreleased white interior for the Model 3. Tesla has also begun offering home charging installation in select markets.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model 3’s aero wheels look awesome without their aero caps
- Tesla creates a ‘tiny house’ to feature its energy products
- Tesla is serious about its new mobile service effort – here’s a glimpse at its capacity
- Experience Tesla Model S through the eyes of a 97-year-old grandfather
- Tesla Model 3 with unreleased white interior spotted
- Tesla starts offering home charging installations in certain markets
- Tesla updates Model S interior with new back seats
- Uber’s self-driving lead engineer wanted to go after Tesla’s Autopilot with ‘faketesla’ campaign
- The Electrek Review – Hyundai IONIQ Electric extended test
- Some electric cars are being heavily discounted up to $20,000 as next-gen EVs come to market
- Smart brand’s move to all-electric results in losing 2/3 of US dealerships
- Hyundai reportedly announces ‘shift’ to electric vehicles with already planned electric Genesis
- Audi’s upcoming all-electric e-tron quattro SUV spotted testing towing a trailer
Subscribe to get all of Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.