In this week’s top stories: A top Trump propagandist launches a campaign against Elon Musk and Tesla, a new report claims Model 3 might not arrive until the very end of 2018, GM launches the Chevy Bolt EV leasing program, and Tesla officially closes its acquisition of SolarCity.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with our breakdown of a new campaign launched against Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX led by a right-wing group that we noted is backed by conservative public relations specialists and Trump insiders funded by fossil fuel interests.
A report from Morgan Stanley claims Tesla’s Model 3 might not arrive until the ‘very end’ of 2018, and Tesla picks up a HoloLens designer as its second augmented reality related hire from Microsoft.
Toyota claims an electric car battery ‘breakthrough’, GM launches its Chevy Bolt EV leasing program, and six major countries announce imminent plans to phase-out of all coal-fired power plants as Tesla closes its acquisition of SolarCity.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Group led by Trump propagandist launches campaign against Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX
- Tesla Model 3 will not arrive until ‘very end’ of 2018, says Morgan Stanley
- Tesla received only a fraction of the subsidies the Big Three and oil industry have received
- Tesla hires HoloLens designer, second Microsoft employee from AR program
- Tesla adds ‘100D’ badges for Model S and X, hints at imminent release
- Tesla launches ‘Drive to Believe’ challenge, invites people to swap their car for Model S for a week
EV | Autonomous |
- Toyota claims electric car battery ‘breakthrough’, ‘up to 15 percent greater range’
- Tesla Supercharger sabotaged, affecting route between LA and Vegas
- GM launches Chevy Bolt EV leasing program: $309 a month and $0 down
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric becomes most efficient electric car ever rated by the EPA
- NextEV launches new brand ‘NIO’ and its first electric car: 1 MW supercar with 265 miles range
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla Powerwall 2 to be popular in Sweden w/$5,000 incentive for home battery packs
- 6 major countries have recently announced imminent phase-out of all coal-fired power plants
- Tesla announces it officially closed the SolarCity acquisition, now what’s next?
This week’s top videos |
- Tesla converted an entire island to solar with new microgrid product developed by SolarCity
- Watch Tesla’s latest self-driving demo in real-time instead of sped up for better look at the system
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.