After plans for Autonomous driving were revealed this week via Tesla’s job site, Musk went on the offensive saying that yes they were working on a program and the team reports directly to him.
This is a stark (get it?) change from a previous stance where Musk said Tesla was taking a more wait and see approach. Perhaps Google’s plans to build their own car spurred him on?
- Elon Musk: Autonomous driving team will report directly to me (siliconbeat.com)
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk conducts Twitter engineer search (newsday.com)
- Elon Musk posts autopilot Tesla requirements on Twitter (techi.com)
- Tesla CEO Uses Twitter to Find Engineers for Project (bloomberg.com)
- Tesla Plans Self-Driving Car, Elon Musk Looks for Autopilot Engineers on Twitter (webpronews.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.