This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla ‘battery day’ being delay, Tesla Cybertruck new, Full Self-Driving news, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla announces pay cuts, furloughs, and aims to get back to production by May 4
- Musk says Tesla ‘battery day’ will be mid-May… maybe
- Tesla ‘Plaid’ Cybertruck electric pickup is Elon Musk’s new favorite Tesla vehicle
- Elon Musk: Tesla is going to ‘simplify’ Plaid tri-motor upgrade, ‘was getting too complex’
- Tesla Cybertruck might have a ladder rack based on newly found render, making workers happy
- Tesla prepares to increase the price of ‘Full Self-Driving’ again with new features
- Tesla launches discontinued Model 3 Long Range RWD as made-in-China car
- Tesla is making improvements to Fremont factory — increasing Model Y production capacity
- Tesla Model Y third-row seat might make more sense rear-facing — what do you think?
- Elon Musk links Tesla Model Y release in Europe to Gigafactory Berlin
- Tesla gets in trouble for using HAL 9000 for Sentry Mode, switching to Portal turret
- Tesla is working on something called ‘Cheetah stance’ for the perfect launch
- Rivian will likely push first deliveries of its electric vehicles into 2021
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.