This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s possible smart home HVAC system, Model Y’s best engineering, Tesla Semi coming back from winter testing, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla furloughs employees due to drop in demand amid crisis
- Tesla confirms two employees tested positive for COVID-19
- Tesla smart home HVAC: Elon Musk considers the new product again
- Elon Musk: Tesla Model Y heat pump is some of the best engineering I’ve seen in a while
- Tesla Model Y: detailer points out paint defects on brand new electric SUV
- Tesla Model Y is equipped with a radar heater to weather-proof Autopilot/Self-Driving
- Watch Tesla Autopilot automatically stop at red light for the first time
- Tesla introduces several new car delivery options
- Tesla Semi electric truck spotted coming back from winter testing ahead of production
- GM discounts Chevy Bolt EV electric car up to $10,000 for limited time
- Polestar begins production of its EV, thanks to China’s virus-fighting measures
- First US cities see $1 gas price, still pricier than powering an EV
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.