This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s first quarter 2019 delivery and production numbers, Model 3 is taking over Europe, Autopilot Hardware 3.0 enters production, Tesla Semi production comes back into focus, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
This week, the show is sponsored by Dandelion: Dandelion is the leading home geothermal company in New York. Homeowners who make the switch to geothermal heating save on average $2,250 per year. Visit DandelionEnergy.com/electrek to see if your home qualifies.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla releases Q1 2019 numbers: produced 77,100 vehicles and delivered 63,000
- Tesla Model S / X sales crash against anticipated upgrade, end of full US tax credit, Model 3 cannibalization
- The numbers are in and Tesla Model 3 is invading Europe
- Tesla’s $35,000 base Model 3 still doesn’t exist
- Tesla confirms new full self-driving computer is in production, will demonstrate capability this month
- Tesla Semi electric semi truck production back into focus, Elon Musk is looking forward to it
- Tesla Semi prototypes show up at Gigafactory 1 amid production rumors
- First look at Tesla’s highly-anticipated CCS adapter
- Audi e-tron electric SUV gets 204 miles EPA rating, deliveries start in the US next month
- GM promised to introduce 2 new EVs by now, where are they?
- Toyota opens patents to help save hybrid cars, but it won’t work
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.