Tesla is launching today its cheapest Model 3 yet – though you can’t drive it nor fit in it because it’s a 1:18 scale diecast version, but it’s only $250!
The automaker describes the collection item:
“Officially commissioned by Tesla, the Model 3 Performance Model diecast scale model was meticulously overseen by the Tesla Design Team. Every detail, curve and surface was replicated from the same 3D CAD data used to manufacture the actual Model 3.”
Tesla sells the product through its website for $250.
It looks by far the best diecast Tesla to date (the company also has Model S and Model X diecasts):
It is available in almost all the same colors that the actual Model 3 Performance is offered in:
– Black: 20″ Sport Wheel, White Premium Interior, White Ceramic Decor, Dark Headliner
– Midnight Silver Metallic: 20″ Sport Wheel, Black Premium Interior, Open Pore Wood Dark Headliner
– Pearl White: 20″ Sport Wheel, Black Premium Interior, Open Pore Wood Dark Headliner
– Multi Coat Red: 20″ Sport Wheel, Black Premium Interior, Open Pore Wood Dark Headliner
– Deep Blue: 20″ Sport Wheel, White Premium Interior, White Ceramic Decor, Dark Headliner
Interestingly, Tesla is not selling the item on its new Amazon store launched last month even though it appeared like a possible move away from selling its accessories through its own website.
Tesla also recently applied to use its trademark for “model cars; toy cars; toy vehicles; toy vehicle play sets and accessories; miniature toy models of vehicles, diecast toy vehicle models; scale size collector toy model vehicles.:
It appears to be related to selling products like this new Model 3 diecast.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.