In this week’s top stories: Model Y teaser, Supercharger and solar news, the latest Model 3 prototypes & configurator details, EV news from Honda, Toyota, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
This week we get started with Tesla’s first Model Y teaser image and the latest Model 3 prototype sightings. Musk confirms that Model 3 configurator will go online in ‘late July’ with very few options. And Tesla adds lots of Certified Pre-Owned Model S vehicles for less than $40,000 with new warranties.
Honda plans to unveil an new all-electric vehicle this autumn. Tesla will disconnect ‘almost all’ Superchargers from the grid as it goes all solar+battery. We get some new details on upcoming Gigafactories. And Tesla’s Solar Products VP shows confidence in Solar Roof with some strong words for competitors.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla plans to disconnect ‘almost all’ Superchargers from the grid and go solar+battery
- Tesla Solar Roof VP: only we can pull it off, competitors are ‘kind of f***ed’
- Tesla’s upcoming Gigafactories to be ‘close to the end customer’ and have ‘very high headcount’
EV | Autonomous |
- Number one argument against electric cars is now completely debunked
- Toyota cut its last tie with Tesla as it launched its own electric car effort
- Honda will unveil a new all-electric vehicle this autumn
- Tesla surpasses BMW to become the 4th most valuable car company in the world
- Hyperloop One unveils 9 new potential European routes for high-speed travel
- Tesla releases first Model Y teaser image
- Model 3 configurator going online ‘late July’ w/ very few options at first
- Tesla adds Certified Pre-Owned Model S vehicles less than $40k w/ new warranty
- Musk teases Tesla shorts who lost an estimated $5 billion
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) hits all-time high going into shareholders meeting
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) hits new all-time high again, joins Fortune 500 list
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe the podcast.