In this week’s top stories: Tesla Autopilot’s Autosteer update on HW2, Elon Musk’s underground transportation network in SpaceX’s parking lot, Hyundai IONIQ‘s pricing, TSLA milestones, the latest solar & EV news, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with a look at Tesla Autosteer now enabled on ‘local roads’ for new Enhanced Autopilot vehicles. A Tesla driver makes news by sacrificing his Model S to help save a man having a stroke on the highway (Tesla picked up his repair bill). And Tesla’s market cap reaches the last milestone of Elon Musk’s $1 billion CEO stock option plan– will he continue as CEO?
Norway hits a tipping point for electric vehicles as EV market share there reaches a record breaking 37%. A hole in SpaceX’s parking lot is revealed as a ‘vast underground transportation network’ for cars and Hyperloop. Hyundai announces highly competitive pricing for IONIQ Electric in the US. And we get a look at a massive 650MW solar plant construction in India in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla driver sacrifices his Model S to help save a man having a stroke on the highway
- Tesla crash: father of dead driver blames Tesla’s ‘rocketship-like’ acceleration for his daughter’s death
- Tesla will pay for damages on Model S used by owner to rescue unconscious driver in runaway car
- Tesla obtains patent for charging metal-air battery technology that could enable longer range
- Tesla could be a $1 trillion company by the end of the next decade, says billionaire investor Ron Baron
- Tesla’s market cap reaches last milestone of Elon Musk’s $1 billion CEO stock option plan
- Tesla enables Autosteer on ‘local roads’ for new Enhanced Autopilot vehicles
EV | Autonomous |
- Norway is reaching tipping point for electric vehicles as market share reaches record breaking 37%
- Hole in SpaceX’s parking is start of a ‘vast underground transportation network’ for cars, Hyperloop
- Hyundai announces highly competitive pricing for IONIQ Electric in the US: $29,500 before incentive
- Electric buses are now cheaper than diesel/CNG and could dominate the market within 10 years
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk says ‘almost all new cars will be self-driving within 10 years’
This week’s top videos |
- Electrek green energy brief: 650MW solar plant construction video, world’s largest solar facade, and more
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.