In this week’s top stories: Tesla 2nd-gen Autopilot could reduce crash rate by 90%, Model S 100D update, hints at upcoming EVs from Hyundai, Audi, and VW, and much more.
We kick things off this week with the release of the new Model S 100D with 335 miles of range, making it the longest range EV in the world. Tesla announces 2 new referral programs with new prizes as it listens to customers and walks back software performance reductions for frequent max power use. And Elon Musk says a second generation Tesla Autopilot could reduce the crash rate by 90%.
Hints at upcoming EVs with announcements and leaks for new vehicles in the pipeline from Hyundai, Audi, and VW. Electric GT shows off a stripped-down Tesla Model S P100D with 2.0-sec 0 to 60 mph acceleration. And the new Tesla Model S P100D runs a 0-60mph in 2.389-sec after ‘Ludicrous+’ update in this weeks’ top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla’s second generation Autopilot could reduce crash rate by 90%, says CEO Elon Musk
- Tesla releases new Model S 100D with 335 miles of range – longest range EV in the world yet
- Tesla announces 2 new referral programs with new prizes: Model 3 delivery event, S or X P100D, & more
- Tesla owner credits Model S’ safety features and lack of engine for saving his life in high-speed crash
- Tesla listens to customers, walks back software performance reductions for max power
- Tesla’s new VP of Autopilot Software explains why he made the move from Apple
- Tesla confirms Model 3 drive unit production at the Gigafactory, announces $350 million investment
- Tesla is about to release its biggest app update yet: Touch ID login, widget integration, and more
EV | Autonomous |
- Electric GT unveils stripped-down Tesla Model S P100D with 2.0-sec 0 to 60 mph acceleration
- Chevy Bolt EV owner claims his new car crashed on its own into his garage without anyone in it
- An all-electric car completed the Dakar rally for the first time
- Hyundai moves quick with new all-electric long-range SUV, prototype spotted ahead of next year’s launch
- Audi announces an electric vehicle push in China, will introduce 5 new models including w/ ‘over 300 miles
- VW is considering an all-electric Beetle for its next vehicle using its new electric platform
This week’s top videos |
- Tesla Model S P100D runs a 0-60mph in 2.389-sec after ‘Ludicrous+’ update and throws cold water on Faraday Future
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.