In this week’s top stories: Progress at Tesla’s Gigafactory 1, Elon Musk confirms new Model 3 details and unveils a new glass roof option for Model S, and we take a closer look at Powerwall 2 and its competition.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off with new 360-degree imagery of Tesla’s rapidly progressing Gigafactory 1. Elon Musk confirms a new in-house developed “Tesla Glass” coming to Model 3. And the company also begins offering a new Glass Roof option for Model S while discontinuing the P90D.
In other EV news, Fisker unveils a new electric car design dubbed EMotion, the first full-scale Hyperloop prototype begins to take shape, and Nissan takes a step backward with a new gas-powered range extender.
We move onto solar and energy news as we take a look at the Powerwall 2 competition and Panasonic‘s task ahead as it attempts to keep up with Tesla’s battery demands. These and the rest of this week’s top stories below.
- 360 image of ‘Gigafactory 1’ shows progress ahead of production ramp up
- Tesla Model 3 will feature new type of glass developed in-house, Elon Musk confirms ‘Tesla Glass’
- Tesla battery data shows path to over 500,000 miles on a single pack
- Tesla adds new “Glass Roof” Model S option; discontinues P90D
- New Unplugged Tesla Model X body kit – Love it or Hate it? [Gallery]
- Tesla introduces new fold-flat seats config in Model X, making it SUV with best-in-class cargo
EV | Autonomous |
- Fisker officially unveils the design of its new electric car: EMotion
- First full-scale Hyperloop prototype is taking shape in North Las Vegas [Gallery]
- Tesla starts construction on new coast-to-coast Supercharger route
- Nikola Motor says it can fit 125 kWh battery in Tesla Model S for potentially 400 miles range
- Nissan takes a step backward in electrification, introduces gas-powered range extender without plug
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla Powerwall 2 has no competition – comparison with LG Resu and SonnenBatterie
- Elon Musk on Tesla/Panasonic’s new 2170 battery cell: ‘highest energy density cell in the world
- Tesla Powerwall 2 is a game changer in home energy storage: 14 kWh w/ inverter for $5,500
- Tesla Model 3 will probably have a solar roof option – maybe even ‘deployable’,
- Panasonic warns of possible difficulties in keeping up with Tesla’s demand for batteries
- Breakdown of raw materials in Tesla’s batteries and possible bottlenecks