Vokswagen sent out a press release this morning with new images to tease an upcoming electric plug-in hybrid SUV concept to be unveiled at the Beijing Auto show next week.
The company describes the concept as a “premium SUV’ and it will release the concept under its VW brand – even though Volkswagen as another premium electric SUV, although all-electric, coming out under its luxury brand: Audi.
The automaker released a list of features (see below), including an estimated NEDC-rated range on all-electric of 31 miles (50 km). As usual, the NEDC cycle is rarely representative of real-world range, which should be closer to ~20 miles in this case.
- The concept is one of the most advanced luxury SUVs in the world
- Concept moves luxury SUV design to a more sporty and elegant level
- The vehicle further demonstrates Volkswagen’s continued digitilization of the automobile
- Digital operation and display system enables a completely new level of interactivity
- Active Info Display and infotainment system merge
- More than ever, the lounge-style interior and digitized operation are centered on passengers
- SUV has a plug-in-hybrid powertrain with 376 horsepower total output and 516 pound-feet of torque
- The fully electric range of the SUV is up to 50 kilometers or 31 miles
- The predicted NEDC combined fuel consumption is 78 mpg
- The concept accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in 6.0 seconds and has a top speed of 139 mph