Update: The screenshot above is no longer available and the base price was updated to $83,000
Tesla today opened its Model X configurator a day after CEO Elon Musk had planned for yesterday. The Model X Recall probably delayed plans slightly.
Besides the configurator, it appears at 1st glance that the Model X will get a new 75kWh battery option (though initially there is some confusion on the website, see above).
A new 5 seat interior will be available at the middle of the year and that serves as the base price point. Adding a six seat interior will be $3,000 extra while the 7-seat will be $4,000.
Options are broken down as:
- Autopilot is a $2,500 fee or $3,000 after shipment.
- Premium upgrades which includes the Bioweapons hepa filter, self presenting front doors, ventilated front seats, leather armrests LED lighting and more is $4,500
- Smart Air suspension: $2,500
- Subzero weather package: $1,000
- Ultra High fidelity sound is $2,500
- Towing package is $750
- Accesory hitch: $200
- High Amperage charger update is $1,500
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
75kWh option tells me 70 will be phased out to make less of a gap between 100 and 75!
They should have simply updated both S&X to 75 & 100 kWh.
And they’re charging way too much for the seats.
Link goes nowhere if you’re in Canada. Might wanna mention that.
“Autopilot is a $2,500 fee or $3,000 after shipment” – say what?? It costs $500 to change some settings OTA?