This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla’s record earnings but coming with delays, a big new Tesla software update, Tesla’s retail shift, and more.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps:
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla (TSLA) releases Q2 2021 results: surprises with big profit beat
- Tesla gives rare update on 4680 battery cell production: still some work to do
- Tesla all but confirms Cybertruck production delay until 2022
- Tesla delays Semi electric truck program over battery cell supply constraints
- Elon Musk explains how non-Tesla EV owners are going to be able to use the Supercharger network
- Tesla (TSLA) launches major shift in retail strategy: cheaper locations, remote working, and more
- Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, hotspot, and more
- Tesla reveals Megapack prices: starts at $1 million
- Mercedes-Benz to unveil EQE, first AMG electric, and several new EVs at IAA
Obviously we’ll be devoting more time than it deserves to the wild and unsubstantiated rumor that Tesla CEO Elon Musk demanded to be CEO of Apple if Tesla was purchased.
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.