This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla launching CCS adapter and tow hitch in Europe, Autopilot and summon videos, its AI lead in Autopilot, Kia Niro review and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network and Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the top stories that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla launches $190 CCS adapter for new Model S and Model X, offers retrofits for older vehicles
- Tesla’s software lead is so big it should worry other automakers, AI expert says
- Tesla restructures Autopilot software team, Elon takes the reins
- Tesla (TSLA) is going to get up to $2 billion from Fiat-Chrysler to meet emission standards
- Tesla releases a bunch of updates to Sentry mode, Driving Visualization, and more
- Tesla launches tow hitch for Model 3
- Tesla Performance vehicles have limited power for months due to software ‘bug’
- Trump says GM to sell shuttered Lordstown plant to Workhorse to build electric trucks [Update: in talks]
- The Electrek Review: Kia Niro EV – The new normal…electric family car
- Volkswagen receives 10,000+ pre-orders for ID.3 electric hatchback in first 24 hours
- Gogoro’s new 170 km range electric scooter adds Tesla-style battery cells to its swappable packs
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.