This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla unveiling Model Y to mixed reviews, Autopilot price controversy, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla unveils Model Y electric SUV with 300 miles range and 7-seats
- Tesla unveils design of Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai, announces ambitious capacity
- Tesla Model Y: a great electric crossover with questionable rush to open orders
- Tesla increases Model 3 range through software update
- Tesla Model 3 takes over Europe
- Tesla lays off almost half its global recruiting team in attempt to cut costs
- Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake
- Tesla tuner develops Model 3 mods to improve drag, efficiency, and range
- VW ID all-electric hatchback pre-orders open May 8, production version comes in September
- Rivian patents modular box system for its R1T electric pickup truck
- Fisker to unveil ~$40,000 all-electric car
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):