This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla scaring reservation holders by removing mention of $35,000 base Model 3, Tesla preparing Model 3 leasing, an interesting EV efficiency test, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
This week, the show is sponsored by Dandelion: Dandelion is the leading home geothermal company in New York. Homeowners who make the switch to geothermal heating save on average $2,250 per year. Visit DandelionEnergy.com/electrek to see if your home qualifies.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla removes any mention of standard Model 3 battery from website – fans panic
- Tesla is preparing to offer Model 3 leasing to boost demand
- Tesla’s incredible efficiency lead is becoming clear with range test against Audi e-tron and Jaguar I-Pace
- Tesla’s Self-Driving system is coming by the end of the year but will require driver oversight, says Elon Musk
- Tesla Sentry Mode: Interesting new details
- Tesla is a top priority for automakers, says BMW dealer who admits Model 3 is affecting sales
- Tesla Powerwall captures majority of mindshare in home battery market but can’t deliver, report says
- Rivian patents “removable auxiliary battery” for its R1T electric pickup truck
- China’s Kandi announces US approval to sell EX3 and K22 EVs, stock up 40%
- Mercedes-Benz reportedly delays EQC electric SUV volume deliveries to November
- LG reportedly threaten to cut VW’s battery cell supply for EVs over gigafactory plans
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):