This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla appointing new board members, Tesla releasing a new software update, a new cheap Chinese EV, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla announces two new board members: Larry Ellison and Kathleen Wilson-Thompson
- Tesla releases software update to help unfreeze charge port
- Tesla updates Model 3’s headlights, earns better rating from IIHS
- Tesla to start testing new Autopilot Hardware 3 in employee vehicles
- Tesla extends referral program with new incentive to buy without a test drive
- Tesla is working to ‘dramatically increase’ Superchargers within cities, European expansion, and more
- Etergo secures €10M to produce 240 km range modular battery swapping electric scooter
- Here are all the coolest electric motorcycles coming in 2019
- Electrek review: Voro Motors EMove electric scooter is a 25 MPH and 50 mi range beast
- China’s Great Wall Motor unveils $8,680 all-electric ORA R1 urban car with nearly 200-mile range
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 3:30pm ET (or the video after 4:30pm ET):