This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including several new electric vehicles unveiled at the LA Auto show, like the Rivian R1T electric pickup truck and the Audi e-tron GT, some Tesla updates, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET (today at 4:30pm), the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Rivian unveils all-electric pickup truck with unbelievable specs
- Closer look at Rivian’s R1T all-electric pickup truck and why I ordered it
- Rivian launches all-electric 7-seat SUV with over 410 miles of range
- Audi’s gorgeous e-tron GT concept makes huge splash at the LA Auto Show
- Nissan delays launch of long-range Leaf amid scandal
- Nissan launches ‘Nissan Energy’ to commercialize vehicle-to-home/building with the Leaf
- First ride in BYTON’s M-Byte all-electric SUV with insanely large screen
- ChargePoint raises $240 million from Daimler, BMW, and others to accelerate EV charging infrastructure
- GM kills the Chevy Volt, shuts down factories, but accelerates EV investment
- Donald Trump threatens to kill GM’s electric car subsidies over factory closures
- Tesla should buy another shuttered GM factory in restructuring
- Elon Musk announces Tesla software update with new rain sensing neural net and Easter eggs
- Tesla achieves Model 3 production of 1,000/day, pushes to maintain it and reduce costs
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 3:30pm ET (or the video after 4:30pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe the podcast.