This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including our thoughts on the Jaguar I-PACE after our first experience driving the car, Tesla’s restructuring results in a major round of layoffs, Elon Musk’s Boring Company is going to Chicago, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Jaguar I-PACE Review: The 240+ mile luxury/sport/utility is everything…
- Tesla is laying off about 9% of its workforce as it restructures the company
- Elon Musk buys another $25 million worth of Tesla (TSLA) stock as he pushes for profit
- Tesla’s version 9 software update is coming in August with first ‘full self-driving features’, says Elon Musk
- Tesla’s latest Autopilot update comes with more ‘nag’ to make sure drivers keep their hands on the wheel
- Tesla is updating Autopilot’s ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after complaints, says Elon Musk
- Tesla will release a new Autopilot interface with version 9 software coming this summer, confirms Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is serious about adding thrusters to the new Tesla Roadster, the option will replace the back seats
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company won bid to build a ‘Loop’ transit system in Chicago
- Tesla will build the ‘pods’ for the Boring Company’s Loop, says Elon Musk
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.