In this week’s top stories: Tesla Roadster 3.0 test drive & Model 3 sightings, Fred’s first-hand experience with Tesla’s used car business, a Chevy Bolt wish list, and the latest EV news from BMW, Porsche, Audi, Fisker, and more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
This week we take Tesla’s Roadster 3.0 for a spin to revisit the electric car that sparked a revolution. Fred also got some first hand experience with Tesla’s new used car business to pick up a Model S. And Seth gives you his Chevy Bolt wish list with 10 things GM could and should do to improve its flagship EV right now.
BMW is rumored to unveil an all-electric 3 Series in September to compete with Model 3. Porsche changes its tune on EVs and plans 50% of production to be electric within 6 years. Audi claims to be buying batteries at ~$114/kWh for its upcoming electric cars. And Fisker unveils an actual prototype of his new electric car as the company officially starts pre-orders.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- BMW is rumored to unveil an all-electric 3 Series in September to compete with Tesla’s Model 3
- Koch brothers launch new misinformation campaign against electric cars
- Tesla has ‘near-monopolistic opportunity’ in auto industry, says report
- Tesla is paying for the deployment of destination AC chargers that all EVs can use
- Porsche changes mind on EVs, plans 50% of production to be electric within 6 years
- Fisker unveils actual prototype of his new electric car, starts pre-orders
- Audi claims to be buying batteries at ~$114/kWh for its upcoming electric cars, says CTO
- Chevy Bolt: Here are 10 things GM could and should do to improve its flagship EV right now
- First Tesla Model 3 spotted outside the US
- Tesla Model X airbags deployed at a red light without impact, owner blocking investigation
- First hand experience with Tesla’s new used car business – alternative to waiting for Model 3
- Tesla starts pushing new Linux kernel update, hinting at upcoming UI improvements
- Elon Musk tweets: “News on Sunday” about Tesla Model 3 release date
- Tesla starts displaying new ‘Tesla Solar’ branded solar panels in store
- EGEB: 10 ‘Gigafactories’ under construction, future price of solar *equation*, more
- Read more Electrek Green Energy Briefs from this week.
This week’s top videos |
- Tesla Roadster 3.0: the electric car that sparked a revolution, revisited
- Watch a Porsche spin out of control while trying to keep up with a Tesla Model S
- Chevy Bolt is the new Hot Hatch king as it destroys VW Golf GTI off the line
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.