In this week’s top stories: Model 3 70D & battery pack options, Tesla Semi, EV news from Volvo, Audi, VW, Hyundai and others, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with our exclusive look at Tesla’s Model 3 mule with a 70 kWh battery pack and dual motors, aka Model 3 70D. Elon Musk says Tesla Semi is making progress on an electric semi truck as he reveals Tesla Model 3 top battery pack option details. And Tesla confirms retooling of factory for Model 3 this month.
Volvo says its first all-electric vehicle is coming in 2019. Audi talks e-tron quattro and takes a swipe at Tesla. Volkswagen announces plans to convert existing factories for an electric vehicle platform. Hyundai’s all-electric IONIQ is finally coming to the US. We give you the run down on the BMW i3 33kWh & the car maker’s dilemma. And GM releases an impressive real-world self-driving demo of Cruise’s Bolt EV prototype in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Semi making progress with new electric semi truck, focus is still on Model 3
- Tesla testing Model 3 mule w/ a 70 kWh battery pack & dual motors (Model 3 70D)
- Tesla Model 3 top battery pack option will be lower than 100 kWh, says Elon Musk
- Elon Musk confirms the branding will be numeric – resulting in ‘S3X’ vehicle lineup
- Tesla driver detained at gunpoint after rear-facing child seats lead to false kidnapping report
- TSLA: Wall Street is making a $9B bet against Tesla as market cap hits new high
- Tesla confirms retooling of factory for Model 3 this month, will ‘pause’ Model S/X production for a week
EV | Autonomous |
- Volvo says its first all-electric vehicle is coming in 2019 with battery packs up to 100 kWh
- Audi talks e-tron quattro & takes swipe at Tesla: ‘the first real premium electric SUV’
- Volkswagen announces plans to convert factories for electric cars
- Hyundai’s all-electric IONIQ is finally coming to the US this week, says exec
- VW unveils how it will spend $2 billion for electric vehicle infrastructure
- Fully Charged: BMW i3 33kWh & the car maker’s dilemma
This week’s top videos |
- GM releases impressive real-world self-driving demo of Cruise’s Bolt EV prototype
- Tesla Model X is used off-road as a tractor on a vineyard in Austria
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.